WHAT IS CHANGING FROM 2019 TO 2023 Standards 2023 Changes are comming in January
Table 1. Equations Used to Convert Respective Ratings
SEER2 EER2 HSPF2 new conversion formula
The 2019 standards were implemented statewide on January 1, 2020 Usually changes every 3 years. 45L FEDERAL $2000 TAX CREDIT has been Extended on 8/16/22 to Dec 31 2022
NEW HOME REQUIREMENTS
Quality Insulation Inspection and associated HERS testing is prescriptively required.
• Whole house fan testing.
• Kitchen exhaust hood verification. Home Ventilating Institute (HVI) Product Directory https://www.hvi.org Kitchen Range Hood Verification requirements
• Home infiltration (blower door) if project utilizes continuous exhaust for attached dwellings.
• HVAC systems require MERV 13 filter.
• Water heater credit for Drain Water Heat Recovery system.
• Residential Solar
• The new code requires solar photovoltaic systems for new homes. For new residential homeowners, based on a 30-year mortgage, the Energy Commission estimates that the new code will add about $40 to an average monthly payment, but save consumers $80 on monthly heating, cooling and lighting bills. Nonresidential buildings will use about 30 percent less energy due mainly to lighting upgrades.