WHAT IS CHANGING FROM 2016 TO 2019 Standards
The 2019 standards will be implemented statewide on January 1, 2020
Usually changes every 3 years.
45L FEDERAL $2000 TAX CREDIT EXTENDED THROUGH 2021!
Available for some new construction and ADU's
NEW HOME REQUIREMENTS
Quality Insulation Installation and associated HERS testing is prescriptively required.
• Whole house fan testing.
• Kitchen exhaust hood verification.
Home Ventilating Institute (HVI) Product Directory HVI.org/prod directory
Kitchen Range Hood Verification requirements
• Home infiltration (blower door) if project utilizes continuous exhaust for attached
• HVAC systems require MERV 13 filter.
• Water heater credit for Drain Water Heat Recovery system.
• Residential Solar
• The new code requires solar photovoltaic systems for new homes.
For new residential homeowners, based on a 30-year mortgage, the Energy Commission estimates that the new code will add about $40 to an average monthly payment, but save consumers $80 on monthly heating, cooling and lighting bills. Nonresidential buildings will use about 30 percent less energy due mainly to lighting upgrades.
*** QII Handbook - Install your insulation the correct way ***
DON'T DRYWALL YOUR WALLS BEFORE YOUR HERS INSPECTION!
Sealing Top Plates